Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Garbage

I had a very uncomfortable encounter yesterday. I happened to see a man standing in the field behind my house, throwing garbage in my yard. When I opened the window and asked him if there was a problem, he told me to stop throwing my beer bottles into his field. I started laughing and told him I didn't even drink. That is when he basically called me a liar. It was at that point that I shut the window and picked up the phone, thinking I might need to call the police. When he saw me with the phone he left.

But I was left with a really icky feeling. As I have thought about it, I have come to realize a couple of things. First of all, I really do not like the thought of anyone drinking back there and throwing their beer bottles around. Second of all I really hate the thought that someone thought it was me!

As I have thought about how to resolve this I realize that I have pretty limited options. But there is one thing I can do, when I get home today I can take a garbage bag out in the field and pick up all the garbage. I did not make the mess, but I can help solve the problem. If nothing else I will know that I have done something positive instead of just complaining.

But complaining would be so much easier .....

Just Connie

No comments: