Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Big Job

There are many statements as a pastor that I seem to say to people over and over again. Things like, "God loves you" "God will bring you through this" and  "take it one day at a time" are pretty standard phrases for me.  Another one that I seem to say a lot is, "You are not your past".


So often it seems that we define ourselves by what has happened to us, by what other people have said about us or even by our failures. The reality is that none of those things have to define who we are. But it can be so challenging to see myself as something  more ... something better ... something beautiful.


I know in my own life I have struggled to not be defined by those things I see as failures. But the reality is that out of the ashes of failure God can build something wonderful. But it will never happen if I am not willing to let go of the hurt and begin to see me as God sees me ... beloved and precious.


I am reminded that God really does love me ... and that is a pretty big job.


Just Connie

No comments: