Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Friend for Me

I sat there as the tears rolled down my face. I took a deep breath and looked with amazement at my friend. I could hardly believe what I was hearing. Her offer overwhelmed me, blessed me and shocked me. Overwhelmed me that someone would be willing to go out of their way to help me, blessed because I could feel her love and support and shocked because I absolutely did not expect or even consider the option she was giving me.


As I have thought about it, I have wondered why I did not expect it and why I was so shocked. I think I have gotten so used to doing things on my own, used to just doing what needs to be done, that I could not even imagine a scenario where someone would go with me to make things easier for me.


I feel so blessed and so loved ... and truly so very amazed. Yes, I am still amazed by her generous, loving gift to me. I did not expect it and I did not deserve it, yet she chose to give it anyway. As I think about it I guess that is what friendship is all about, choosing to do what is best for those you love.


Somehow I think when we do what is best for those we love, it is also best for us. Love seems to multiple and grow when we give it away.


And that .... is a pretty good thing ...


Just Connie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sweet friend - how I love you and I am so blessed and privileged to help you in this way. I look forward to the event - and promise I will only take a few pictures!