Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thoughts on Healing

Life leaves scars on our hearts and minds. Those events that cut deeply and change our perceptions of ourselves and others. Healing is an ongoing process that requires time, reflection and ... perseverance.


I have to admit there are times when I find the process of healing so painful and so exhausting ... that I just do not want to do it any more. But yet, the pain of not healing is so great. I remember a counselor told me once that most people will not seek help and healing until the pain of not changing is greater than the pain of changing.


I guess that what I am finding is that I want to be healed. I want to stand straight and strong and be able to live, minister and love the way that God created me to. I just do not always like nor appreciate the "process" of being healed.


In spite of my desire to opt out of this process,  I remain committed to keep striving to move forward. I think I need to keep my eyes off of me and focused on where God is taking me.


Sometimes that is even harder than the process of healing ....


Just Connie



No comments: