Saturday, February 15, 2014

Friendship

I have been thrilled to have some old friends move into the area. It has been a long time since I have had friends close enough to really share life with. The kind of friendships where you can invite yourself over or just call up because you need to vent. The kind of friendship that I have found is very rare.


It has really come home this week, how wonderful it is to have someone to laugh and cry with. I have really missed that and to be honest I think I have really gotten out of the habit of sharing life with someone ... on a deep level.


But I like it and I will work hard at laying down the walls I have so carefully built up. Because the reality is that those walls do not protect me ... they isolate me. It is a reminder that God created us to live in community and to share life abundantly.


I am looking forward to see life unfold as the walls come down and love and friendship come in. It is scary and wonderful and I think will bring great blessing.


Just Connie

No comments: