Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Stormy Day

It is a dark and stormy night ... after a dark and very stormy day. I sat in the Fire Hall this afternoon and watched the rain go past the window sideways. Buckets and buckets of rain. The weather the past month has been wild and surprising after this fairly mild winter we have had.


I love living in Oregon. I love the green beauty that is evident all year long. But I know that the price for that green beauty is the winter rains. And the rains are finally here. The rivers are rising, the fields are flooded and it looks like nature is trying to catch up for the very dry past 12 months.


So like a true Oregonian, I will live life in the rain without batting an eye. I will choose to forgo foreign implements like umbrellas and remind myself that this is the price we pay to live in the midst of beauty.


And the price is worth it .... usually ...


Just Connie

No comments: