Monday, February 10, 2014

Billy Bob the Snowman

I opened one eye and glared at my son who was shaking my shoulder. "Come and make a snowman with me mom" he pleaded. I pulled the quilt over my head and tried to snuggle back into the warmth of the fire where I had been dozing since hiking back up the hill through the snow and ice after church. But the pleading went on and finally I grabbed my boots and coat and headed out to the front yard with him.



As I worked alongside him, I reflected on how many years it had been since we had built a snowman together and how things had changed. It used to be that I was begging him to come out with me and build a snowman together. But here we were 20 years later and he had to pry me off the couch.



We worked and teased and finally had Billy Bob the snowman all put together. Perhaps a bit wide through the hips but much taller than I am, so he should be able to pull it off.



I have to admit that I am very glad that I pried myself off the couch and went and played for a while. I am also glad for the time spent with my son. It was time well spent.



Now we will see how Billy Bob the Snowman fares in the thawing predicted for the next few days.

Just Connie

No comments: