Sunday, March 16, 2014

This Journey

This journey .... this journey is difficult. I am just two days into my home recovery and I am already out of patience. With the fatigue, the drugs, the treatments ... the medicine side effects. I am so ready to be done with all of this. And yet I realize that this journey has so many more steps in front of me.


So instead of looking too far ahead, I am going to try to focus on today, faithfully living in the moment I am in. I will also strive to put aside fear, frustration and unwillingness. I am confident that there are things for me to learn on this journey. But I will never find the joy of lessons learned, if I am only focused on what I do not like.


So today, I am where I am .... resting, hopefully learning and striving to find the joy in my here and now.


It must be here somewhere ....


Just Connie

No comments: