Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Unexpected Journey - Serenity

I have spent the day drowsing, reading and watching TV. I have to admit that this is not really " my kind of day" but it is probably exactly the kind of day I need right now. I have so many things that I need to be doing right now, that I have to admit to feeling a bit of frustration. I have taxes to pull together, an annual report that is past due to the denomination and am issue at the fire hall that I am in the midst of. and yet there is no way for me to actually do any of these things right now.


So I guess it really comes down to the serenity prayer ....


God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

I need to focus on what I can actually do right now and I guess that would be resting and healing. The rest will eventually sort itself out. Focus ....

It seems like it should be so much easier ...

Just Connie