Saturday, March 22, 2014

Unexpectd Journey - Unexpected Gifts

I did something I do not get to do very often. I attended a family birthday party. Of course I was only able to attend because I have been staying with mom and dad while I have been recuperating. I also had to take a breathing treatment and take a nap while I was there ... but I was there.


It was so much fun to see all of our new babies running around and how my nieces and nephews are building their own families. I just cannot  believe that so much time has passed since they were running around as babies.


I also enjoyed seeing my sister with all of her family and friends around her. She was doing what she does so well and so graciously. It is amazing to watch her.


So this unexpected journey that I am on, is also giving me some gifts that I would not normally get to experience. It reminds me to not get so focused on what I do not have right now, that I miss the blessings that are there.


I guess .... I need to look ...


Just Connie

No comments: