Tuesday, May 24, 2016

a Normal Day

I balanced on one leg as I took the weight out of my right leg. The nurse slowly injected the steroid that would be fighting the inflammation in my lungs and sinus's. Laughing as she adhered a Minion bandaid to my hip, I adjusted my clothing store and headed out of the treatment room. Stopping for a quick hug from my doctor, I checked on how long the culture would take to grow that they gathered and headed to the pharmacy to pick up the newest round of antibiotics that I was beginning to fight the resurgence of the infection.

Popping an antibiotic is the car, I swished it down with Diet Coke as I headed into the Fire Hall for a quick check in with the Chief. My quick check in, turned into an hour meeting before I was able to head back to the office to get started on my backlog of work.

Pulling up my e-mail I spent the next 30 minutes answering questions and emailing bio's for the upcoming Free Methodist Conference Committee elections. Then I pulled up the 6 hour online certification course I needed to get started on and worked steadily until lunch. Then I ran to the bank, picked up some lunch and headed home to rest for a couple of hours.

After a couple of hours rest, I put on my yoga clothes and headed back to the church to work some more on my online certification. I worked steadily until it was time to head to yoga for my second class of the day. Arriving there, I set up the classroom, signed students in and finally perched on my mat for the beginning of class.

Finishing class I chatted with my dr (who is the instructor) as he checked in on how my lungs were doing and at last headed home for a  late dinner and then bed.

Tomorrow I will pop out of bed for an early morning yoga class and then hit the ground running. It looks to be a busy day. I am hoping that my dropping lung function will stabilize and my breathing will get better after tomorrow's steroid shot.

I only have a week to go till my sinus surgery. So if we can keep the infection knocked down, perhaps the end is in sight. That would make life a lot less complicated.

Less complicated would be a very good thing.....

Just Connie

No comments: