Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Training

It seems that I spend a lot of time in training and classes. Pastoral training, fire training, chaplaincy training .... And today training for certification in Mental Health Disaster Triage and Treatment. It has so far been a  very good  refresher and it will be good to wrap it up tomorrow.

In just a couple of weeks I will be part of the Cascadia Rising Drill. It is a joint drill between Tribe, first responders and county personnel to hel prepare us for  the Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake. I have been asked by the tribe to be the Mental Health Unit Leader. So I am preparing hand outs and forms to be used by my team during the drill.

I have to admit that I love doing this and I am grateful for the opportunity to lead something that I not only enjoy doing but something I do well. I am looking forward to training others and for the chance to run through the drill and see where some of our weaknesses are.

I think I am going to try to recruit some of our new Fire Students and see if they want a mental health crash course. I need to recruit another two people to fill my team out. I think they will be glad of the opportunity and glad to learn some new skills.

I really think that it events like this that help keep me fresh and young. Learning new things, having new experiences is good for me. Who knows everything I will learn by the time I get through this? It reminds me that there are good things ahead.

That makes it easier to embrace the journey ...

Just Connie

No comments: