Saturday, May 28, 2016

A Relaxing Day

With a busy Saturday stretching ahead of me, I hopped out of bed at 6am and got ready for my day. By 8am I was loading the car and heading to the doctors office. The current plan to help keep inflammation down in my lungs and sinus is to get a couple of steroid shots a week. Right now I get them on two consecutive days and then wait four days to start the process again. That means that on Monday and Tuesday I received shots and today on Saturday morning I was due again.

 I am very fortunate to have a dr who is willing to meet me on weekends to give me a shot or to send me with orders to the fire station for a shot. Tomorrow I will probably head to the Fire Station after church and give my poor Dr one day this week he does not have to see me.

 Jumping back in the car I headed back to Willamina for the Men's Ministry Meeting. I always enjoy my time with them and I had missed the last few meetings because of illness or trips. So it was especially good to be with them today. As we laughed and planned, I was struck by how much I had missed being with them. I think one of the best things that happened to me as pastor was when they made me an honorary man soon after my appointment as pastor. I have never had a church do that, but it has been a great relationship.

 Following the meeting I headed home to pick up Hope Puppy and head out to Dan and Clara's farm to pick strawberries. I always enjoy being with them and I came back with enough strawberries for a couple of batches of jam. So I know what I will be doing tomorrow afternoon ... Making jam. Since I just used my last jar of jam,  the berries came at a good time.

 Arriving back home I did a little bit of clean up, made lunch, put dinner in the crock pot and laid down for a deeply desired nap.... That did not go so well. I had four phone calls and a pile of text messages. I finally got up, checked on dinner and laid on the couch and read. Seeing my neighbor out throwing the ball for Hope Puppy, I wandered outside and chatted with him about some upcoming projects he is helping me with. I also told him how much I need a tree fort in my tree. He laughed as we talked about where I could put it. Eventually I wandered in the house, watched a couple of movies (Sci Fi of course) had dinner and went to bed early. We here I have been for the last three hours. Days I get steroid shots are scarce on sleep. I finally got up and straightened up the kitchen and finally wandered back to bed. And that has been my day so far.... A good day ... a fairly relaxing day after a week of frenetic activity. It is good to have one of those every once in a while ... I think I was due. Just Connie

No comments: