Friday, May 20, 2016

Today

I rolled out of bed and blearily tried to turn off the alarm. How could it possibly be 4:45 all read? But yet it was, so I jumped out of bed, let the dog out and got clean up and dressed for yoga. By 7:15 I was back home and quickly getting cleaned up, dressed and packed for my hiking trip.

By 8:15 I was packed, Hope Puppy was in the car with her pack and I was on my way to the Dr's office for a steroid shot. By 8:45 I was at the Fire Hall (rubbing my hip those steroid shots hurt) and taking my Fire Turnouts into the station to make room for the packs of those riding with me today. By 9:45 we were all packed up and on our way To the Marion Lake Trail. By 12:00 we were on the trail and heading up into some beautiful country.

The weather was much nicer than we were expecting and we enjoyed a leisurely hike up the trail past Lake Ann and then skirting Marion Lake. We saw Three Fingered Jack and some gorgeous waterways. Took one wrong turn which allowed us to see some spectacular views and 7.2 miles later we were leading everything into the car and heading home.

We stopped in Salem for dinner about 8, exchanged photos, posted to Facebook and enjoyed relaxing and rehashing the trip. We stopped at the Sports Store and pucked up the life jackets we need for our padleboard trip and by 10pm I was finally unpacking my car at home.

It was a wonderful day. Full of challenge and friends and lots of laughter. It was the kind of day that breathes new life into me.

And that feels pretty good .....

Just Connie

No comments: