Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day at the Beach

I played hooky today. It was a wonderful, beautiful and relaxing day. The sun was shining and there was a crispness to the air that reminded me it is only February. Being the dedicated Pastor that I am, I took one look at the day and my heavy schedule for the rest of the week and ..... packed up and headed to the beach.

My friend Lorri and I toodled over to Lincoln City. We walked on the beach in the sun, we had a wonderful lunch and Mo's, shopped a bit and even found the time for ice cream before we headed back to Willamina. The day was filled with laughter, good conversation and even a few tears.

So here I am tonight, pleasantly tired, relaxed and happy. I am feeling blessed and that is a very good feeling.

1 comment:

Finchie2 said...

Oh girl, you so needed this time to relax and enjoy yourself!!