Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blueberry Evening

I went blueberry picking tonight. I packed up my buckets and Hope Puppy and I headed out to the farm of one of my parishioners. It was a beautiful evening, soft and warm and the kind of summer evening you always remember, I picked a bucket and of course they brought me other treats to take home. fresh produce right out of the garden, fresh loganberries and even a mess of green beans.

After stowing my berries and produce, I headed down to the creek to take a look at the the preparations for the church picnic and baptism in a couple of weeks. They had dug out the creek nice and deep. I will probably head out there in a couple of days and put in a couple of hours cleaning up the baptismal area.

I am continually amazed and blessed by the wonderful community I pastor. The beauty that is everywhere around me and just the abundant glory of creation. I love this country and I love these people. This is truly the best place in the world to minister.

Just Connie

No comments: