Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A friend is Coming

I am waiting for a friend to arrive. I have not seen her in over 12 years. We chat almost everyday on Facebook, but have not seen each other. So today is the day ... I get to see her.

While I have been waiting for her, I am remembering our shared past. Her husband was pastoring a church in Central Oregon and I was pastoring a church in inner SE Portland. Both churches had very active compassionate ministries going. When the pastors came together I always made sure to spend time with them. They were a lot of fun to be with.

Time and circumstances drew us apart for many years but with the coming of Facebook we reconnected. Over the past two years we have shared tears, joy and life in general. She has been a great encourager and support when life gets messy and hard.

So tonight we get to spend a few hours together and enjoy this very rare time together.

Just Connie

No comments: