Friday, August 12, 2011

Hard To Be Alone

Sometimes it is hard to be alone. I have gotten pretty good at just allowing it to be what it is. I come early to events and force myself to circulate and talk to people. But every once in a while there are those times that I feel very much alone, alone, alone.

Yesterday was one of those times. I went to camp meeting alone. I drove for an hour to get there, sat alone and left alone for the hour long drive home. There were people that I chatted with, but most were in family groups. I felt very alone.

The reality is that I am alone and I need to come to terms with it. Most of the times I do fairly well, but there are those times when the loneliness comes in unexpected moments and unexpected ways. It comes in a flood so intense that it brings tears to my eyes.

So tonight I am reflecting on the loneliness and I am striving to let it teach me, not defeat me. There are things to learn here.

Just Connie

No comments: