Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sufficient For This

A pastor is often called on when making end of life decisions. Today I sat with a family as the doctor told them the cancer was not curable. I wanted to scream and shout and cry. I wanted to lay my head down and weep. But I did not ... I did the pastoral thing. I listened, I asked questions and I showered as much love as I could on this family that I love.

As I drove home from the hospital  ... I cried and then I marveled at God's timing that brought me to the hospital in time to be there for this news and to meet with hospice. It still fills me with awe as I consider God's loving kindness as He weaves our lives together.

God is sufficient for even this, I believe this with every fiber of my being. I know that the same God that brought me at the right time to the hospital with be with us every step of this journey as well.

Just Connie

No comments: