Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Ministry Path

The call to ministry for many women is filled with struggle and heartache. The stories I hear often fill me with sadness. Many women on the path to ministry find it difficult to be accepted, find it difficult to find a place of ministry and find it difficult to fulfill the call on their lives.

There seems to be something about the issue of women in ministry that seem to set people on edge. Over the years even total strangers have felt the need to tell me what they feel about my call to ministry. Over the years I have become fairly adept at facing this prejudice without rancor or anger.

Today I met with a friend who is a female clergy with another denomination. As we spoke I was reminded of the hard convoluted path that so many of my female colleagues tread as they head towards ordination and ministry. It is very easy to become angry and defensive in the struggle.

However the reality is that it is not my job to defend my call. It is God's job to defend His call on my life. My job is to follow the call to the best of my ability.

I think that for all women in ministry that we must come to the point where we stop defending ourselves and we just serve. Because the glory of ministry is that it is not about us .... it is about Christ.

And that is enough ....

Just Connie

No comments: