Friday, August 5, 2011

Freezer Thoughts

Long, long day .... sigh. It began yesterday when I opened my freezer to find that there had been a sudden ice build up and the door would not shut. So today I drug out the coolers and defrosted the freezer. After hours of scraping and frostbite I wiped it down, loaded it back up and plugged it in. With a feeling of satisfaction I closed the door and .... it would not seal. Being a confident totally together woman, I ran my hand over the seal made sure nothing was blocking it and with growing dismay I realized that it was not a simple fix. That was when I sat down and cried.

It is these kind of things that seem so overwhelming to me. I do not have the money for a new freezer and the old one is most probably not worth fixing. Even if I did buy a new one, I have no way to transport it, unload it, etc. I don't have a way to dispose of the old one ... it just all piles up into a totally overwhelming mess.

So now I have heavy things piled against the freezer door trying to keep it shut and I realize that I will have address this issue or I will lose everything in my freezer.

Sigh .....

Just Connie

No comments: