Friday, September 23, 2011

Alumni Dinner

Last night I had dinner with 500 alumni of Roosevelt High School in Portland. I had mixed feelings about going. I am always afraid that I will feel like an outsider, that I will not have people to talk to ... that I will not know anyone. Every reunion event I have gone too that has not been true but still those fears crawl out of the woodwork.

Instead of my fears coming true, I shared a table with good friends and my choir teacher. I had good conversation, felt welcomed and saw some people I had not seen in years. All in all it was a wonderful evening.

It is curious at how hard things like this are to go to alone. My fear of this event almost kept me from attending. It just seemed too hard, too scary and too difficult. I guess this was a reminder that some of the things that are the best for me are actually the ones that are hardest to make myself do.

So one more hard thing tackled and gained from ..... on to the next one.

Just Connie

No comments: