Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Writing Day

I've been writing today. I had a paper to write, a column was due for the newspaper, minutes to prepare from last weeks meetings and a newsletter to finish. So I have been writing and proofing all day. By late afternoon I found myself struggling to find anything worthwhile to write. The words were just not coming.

Sighing I shrugged my stiff shoulders and headed to the piano. For 20 minutes I played and let the music wash over me. Slowly I could feel the tenseness flowing out of me. It was with a feeling of peace that I headed back to my desk and finished up my column.

I did not get everything done today that I had hoped to do, but I got quite a bit done. Tomorrow is another day and I will try to get it all finished up. At least that is the plan.

We will se if the plan lasts longer than the first battle.

Just Connie

No comments: