Saturday, September 17, 2011

Aventure

I need adventure in my life. I learned that as a teenager. I was happier when I was incorporating trips into the woods, climbing to the tops of trees and building jumps for my motorcycle. That need for adventure is still there. There is a ringing rightness when I find myself doing something that few people get the opportunity to do.

My recent backpacking trip fulfilled my sense of adventure in a big way. First of all we headed to the back country that not many people get to see. We also had the chance to head off the beaten path and see a beautiful waterfall. it was about 50 feet tall. That is so tall I could not get all of it in one picture.
We climbed to the top of the falls and watched the water plummet over the edge. Then we walked up the river and watched the springs bubbling up in the middle of the stream bed. I was struck by a sense of wonder as I watched the beauty all around me.

We crossed on logs high over rushing streams and climbed sheer rocky precipices and looked out over misty vistas. I swam in an icy lake with the mountain looming over me while Hope puppy swam alongside me.

This trip has fulfilled my need for adventure ... at least for now. I wonder where my next adventure will take me.

Just Connie

No comments: