Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rehearsal Thoughts

I like to sing. I have always liked to sing. I sing loud and long and often. But over the past 10 years I have not had much chance to sing choral work. I have missed it but there is just not much opportunity during this phase of my life.

Tonight I met with a group led by my high school choral director. It was an alumni choir made up of graduates of Roosevelt High School. There were all ages there, though at this rehearsal I was one of the youngest. Which is surprising given my advancing age.

I have to say that was rather nervous. Nervous about not knowing anyone and nervous about not singing well. But the rehearsal went very well. There was even a couple of people that went to school during my years and actually remembered me. One of the girls recognized me as soon as I walked in the door and said that I had not changed at all. She did not look blind but I have a feeling her eyesight might be impaired or she was just very kind.

I enjoyed being stretched and challenged tonight. I will really enjoy singing with this group tomorrow. I found out that there will be over 500 people at this dinner. That is rather amazing. All years of classes together. I am not sure what to expect but I have a feeling that it will go pretty well. I loved my high school years and I think I will enjoy supporting the school and seeing a few people that I know.

But that is tomorrow, tonight I am humming the music and enjoying running through it in my mind.

Just Connie

No comments: