Saturday, September 10, 2011

I am in a flurry of packing .... packing and repacking. Tomorrow I leave on my backpacking trip. I am trying to get the weight down on my backpack. I think it would be easier to hire a Sherpa,  bu since that is probably not a possibility, I will keep trying to  reduce this massive pile of stuff.

I have not been backpacking in three years and I am very excited but also a little nervous. I want to be able to keep up, I want this to be fun, I do not want to freeze at night. So the very smart thing I am doing is taking Hope Puppy with me, She will be my portable heating unit at night.

So in just a few hours I will be off to the mountains, but for now I will continue to pack and reduce. Sigh ... wonder if I can find a Sherpa at this short a notice?

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

My sweet, sweet heart friend. My heart goes out to you in this area. I can feel the pain you must be experiencing and I can also somehow feel Gerald's pain. I am so very sorry you have had to go through this. Just know that as you are choosing to remember, you are also choosing to live, and that is a very, very good choice. I dearly love you, my heart-friend.