Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Annoyance

I am annoyed .... I can feel the irritation swirling around me. I do not like this feeling. But there it is  ... like a sullen fog enclosing me in it's clammy grip.

There is a part of me that really wants to surrender to this feeling. After all, I should feel irritated, someone overstepped their authority and made my day much more difficult than it needed to be. But the other part of me says, "Step back, take a deep breath and let it go".

I really do not enjoy feeling like this .. so why would I not be willing to let it go? Why is it sooooo hard to let it go.  For me I think it is a matter of giving up my "right" to be annoyed. I struggle at times with giving up those rights.

So tonight I am I am laying down my right to be annoyed. And in it's place I will be gaining peace. I think that is a pretty good trade off.

No comments: