Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Over the years I worked for the Mission in Salem, I grew some wonderful friends. One of them was my friend and hiking partner Debbie who passed away 3 years ago. Two of my other close friends were Donna my "assistant" and Chuck the Maintenence manager. Over the years we laughed and cried and worked hard, often in very difficult circumstances. They stood by me in the hard times and supported me through my husband's ups and downs.

Tonight they came for dinner and movies. We laughed and laughed and  just enjoyed being together. I do not see nearly enough of them. They always lighten my heart and remind me that I am loved. That is a a wonderful feeling.

As I stood on the stairs and waved goodbye to them, I was filled with a sense of well being. The feeling of loving and being loved surrounded me. It reminded me that I need to carve out the time to do this on a regular basis. It is part of what will help me to flourish and grow.

It is good to love ... it is good to be loved

No comments: