Friday, February 11, 2011

From Tolerable to Fabulous

I have to admit that Valentine's Day is not currently one of my favorite holidays. It used to be, when I had a husband and children I always celebrated lavishly. This year the approach of the holiday has not been as painful as it has in past years. I was looking at the possibility of taking myself out to dinner or having lunch with friends.

But today Valentine's Day took on a whole new aspect. when I found out that my friends are coming for dinner and movies. My years at the Mission grew some wonderful friendships for me. One of them was the Maintenance Manager Chuck  and one was my assistant Donna. We worked together on a myriad of projects, walked each other through the hard times and celebrated the good times together.

So Monday night my friends will come over and we will eat Pizza, I will get to bake a fabulous dessert and we will enjoy being together. It is amazing how one short text message turned Valentine's Day from tolerable to fabulous so quickly. I am looking with great anticipation to a wonderful evening.

Come on Valentine's Day ... this year I am ready for you.

Just Connie

No comments: