Thursday, February 10, 2011

Being Mentored

I have a mentor. This is a new relationship for me. I have never had a formal mentor before. I have had people who I respected and who taught me a lot, I've even had people that I have officially mentored over the years. But this is the first time I have had a mentor.

I am meeting with him once a month. I can already see that he is stretching me. First of all he is assigning me books to read that I would never read on my own. I came away from our meeting today stimulated and excited and about the conversation, about the ideas that were floating around and also excited about this wonderful opportunity.

It will be interesting to see where this new relationship will take me. I am excited to see what God will teach me in the days ahead. There are good things ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: