Friday, March 6, 2009

Grief is rather like wearing clothes that are too small for you. I can’t get comfortable, it pinches, it constricts and it affects everything. It makes me feel ugly and unlovable. It fills me with guilt and it wraps its arms around me and squeezes ….. squeezing out purpose, squeezing out joy, squeezing out hope.

Well .... Grief is a liar. The pain of separation and loss are very real, but it does not end there. I cannot let it end there. Do I believe that God is who He says He is? Have I ever experienced His grace and love? Lately this verse is reverberating within me.

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work”. 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

This is God’s promise to me through this season of grief. He will give me the grace to see it through and the strength get it done. He will meet every need and even more He will fill my life with purpose and ministry. That is something to hold onto as I let the Light of His Word beat the darkness of despair away.

Just Connie

No comments: