Friday, March 27, 2009

Inferno

I’m mad … no, I am ANGRY! I can feel it pulsing inside. Red hot and burning, it is a wild fire struggling to be free. I want to lash out; I want to scream to the heavens, I want to tell this self involved moron in 500 different ways what I think. In fact I want God to bring down the lightening bolts. But luckily for my co-worker God holds back the lightening bolts and instead nudges me.

Anger in itself is not wrong. Emotions do not have a right or wrong value; they just are what they are. But what we do with the emotions, ah … that is where right and wrong come in. This is temptation at its fullest. Never argue with a professional communicator. They can call you an idiot in 10 different ways without you even realizing it, A really good communicator can call you an idiot in 10 different ways and have you thanking them for the input.

Temptation looms, totters and then dissipates and my hapless co-worker has no idea how close he came to the inferno. I wonder if I should put a fire extinguisher in my office?

"In your anger do not sin" Ephesians 4:26

Just Connie

No comments: