Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Arrgghhhh!

Arrgghhhh! Can you hear the frustration in that? Can you feel my pain? Well let me ask you this; do you have pets? If so than perhaps you can “feel my pain”.

I often write about the furry people I live with. There is Bubba Bunny who rules the family room. There is Bear, the 8 pound Terrier who is a slightly senile lovable little man of 15. And then there is Charlie, my 120 pound sheep dog. She is a big hairy goofball and she knows that she was created to sit on my lap. (I need a much bigger lap) Between the three of them, life is never dull.

Yesterday was a long busy day and I got home about 8:45pm and let the dogs in, checked on Bubba and hopped in the shower. As I showered I thought I heard something odd. I turned off the shower to listen and heard …. “Oh please nooo... don’t let it be that.” Yep, the unmistakable sound of a dog throwing up. I grabbed a towel as an token effort of modesty. (I didn’t want to traumatize the dogs) and ran in my bedroom just in time to see Charlie bringing up who knows what in the middle of the carpet. First of all I can’t believe that it is possible for one dog to eat that much and secondly “Eeeeeeewwww!” Still trailing soap and water, I ran to get carpet cleaner, plastic bags, paper towels and a scrub brush only to hit the pergo flooring and immediately did my imitation of sliding into home base. Ow! Ow! Ow! With a floor burn on leg, my towel under the table and no concern for modesty, I got up and made another try for the cleaning supplies only to hear … more throwing up.

By the time I limped back to the bedroom with the cleaning supplies she was throwing up yet again. Bear had tried to jump across the piles of “ick” and of course had missed ….. which meant he was now coated in “stuff”. That would have not been quite so bad, if he had not then immediately jumped up on my bed. I finally got Charlie out of the bedroom and put her out on the deck. (By then I did not care how many neighbors saw me naked)I went back into the bedroom snagged Bear by the scruff of the neck and threw him out on the deck as well. Then I got to go back to the mess and begin cleaning and scrubbing, and scrubbing and scrubbing. Then I stripped all of my bedding and began doing laundry. Then I finally got to finish my shower.

”Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.” James 1:2

I only have one thing to add. Arrgghhhh!

Just Connie

No comments: