Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Musings

It has been a long but good day. I was up at 3:00 this morning to be dressed and packed for the day ahead. At 4:00 I headed to the Mission where we were getting ready to serve breakfast to 200 hungry men. We decorated and set all the tables, laid out the Easter candy and put a decorated Easter egg at every place setting. We also set our small place-cards that donors had signed and sent back in the mail. The rooms looked festive and great. This is always one of my favorite times of the year. It is a chance to help some hurting lives feel like someone cares. It is a great way to focus on the reality of the resurrection.

At 8:00 I was on my way to Gladstone for church. At 9:00 I met with the worship team to go over the morning music. At 9:30 was the all church breakfast. We had a full house and everyone seemed to be relaxed and happy. We had a great worship service at 11:00 and had 41 in attendance. That is more than we have had since I was assigned at Gladstone.

At 12:30 I was on my way to Burlington to be with my family and celebrate my brother in laws wedding. It was absolute chaos and was absolutely wonderful. I got to hold my 3 week old, 5 pound great niece. She is a absolutely perfect in every way. I was amazed at the rush of love that swept through me as I gazed at her miniature features and watched her tiny, tiny fingers curl around mine.

At 5:00 I was on my way home for the 2 hour trip to Willamina. Now it is 7:30 and I am reflecting on the day behind me. I was afraid of feeling very sad and lonely today, but the reality is that the day was busy and full of love. That was an unexpected but very welcome break from the emotions and hurt of the lat few days. It is a good reminder for me that it will not always be so hard. God has life and life more abundant and free for me …. I just need to take hold of it.

” …take hold of the life that is truly life.” 1 Timothy 6:19

I want to live the life that is truly life. Today is a good start … and tomorrow is waiting. It is time to live.

Just Connie

No comments: