Monday, April 6, 2009

This New Life

What a beautiful day it was today. The sun shone bright after weeks of rain and ice. It was warm and the trees are in blossom. I sat outside for a little bit today and reveled in the warm breeze that blew flower petals gently past my face. I felt the need to stretch my arms out to the heavens and let Spring wrap itself around me.

I think I need to spend more moments like that because too often I am confronted with the reality of my vastly changed life. My lawn is beginning to look like you could go on safari and hunt for lions in it. In other words, it is beginning to resemble African savannah. The thought of dragging the lawn mower out and trying to start it for the first time this season is … well depressing and overwhelming. I know that I will have to face this; it is part of this new life. But I so don’t want to do it.

I did not want this new life, but it is here regardless. With the ups and downs, with the loneliness, with the breath-taking hurt it is what it is. I am trying to find victory. I am confident that God will continue to bring me through. I just have to be faithful to take the next step. You know I have this suspicion that the next step might involve the lawn mower and knee high grass.

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" 1 Corinthians 15:57 NIV

Just Connie

No comments: