Friday, April 3, 2009

Family Love

Tomorrow Mom and Dad are coming. We are going to take another pass at trying to fix the pellet stove. I might have heat in less than 24 hours. Well perhaps … at least I hope so, I am thinking positive.

Family is a wonderful thing to have. I don’t know that I have always appreciated mine, but I am so very grateful for them. I have had reason the last three months to be thankful for their love, their kindness and their unwavering support. I do not see how I could have survived through this time of heart break and loss without them.

I am finding that the older I get the more important my family is to me. In those last hours as my grandmother lay dying, with all of the family gathered around her are forever etched into my memory. There was no bickering, there were no disagreements, no tenseness, there was only love and support. Grandma stepped into glory surrounded by her pastor, her friends and the family that loved her. What could have been a horrifying time was instead blessed and even sacred. It was family loving each other, supporting each other. It is what family is supposed to be all about.

"O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me."
Psalm 40:11

Tonight I am reminded that I am a rich woman. I have Christ, I have ministry and I have family that love me. I am going to wrap myself in that love … I think that is love enough for even me.

Just Connie

No comments: