Saturday, April 4, 2009

Making a Difference

What a day it has been. Dad and I spent time working on the pellet stove. I would like to announce that we really made a difference …. now the stove is not working at all! Sigh … it seems that we fixed the problem of not enough oxygen getting to the fire, but in the process dislodged something and plugged up the auger. You know I have always wanted to live a life that made a difference, but this isn’t quite what I had in mind.

Working at the Mission gives me opportunity to interact with hurting and needy men and women every day. It gives me the chance to watch them over the months and see first hand the miracle of transformation in Christ. Lives that were struggling with life controlling behaviors are freed to new life. I have always felt that it was a privilege to be a part of ministry on the front lines. I really do feel that I what I do is making a difference.

Tomorrow morning I will have a chance to make a difference again. I look forward to Sundays, they are a precious privilege. To be a pastor is the worst of jobs and the best of jobs. There is nothing else that I would rather do. There will be people tomorrow that need comfort, some that need to be challenged, some that need to be healed and all of them that need to be loved.

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth" 2 Timothy 2:15

I guess to make a difference I need to start with me. And unlike the stove, I think this is something I can do.

Just Connie

No comments: