Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Call

Since the time I was in college all I have wanted to do is to be in ministry. When it seemed that door had closed forever … well let’s just say that it hurt deeply. I have deeply enjoyed my work with the Mission over the past 10 years, but there has been a calling deep within me for pastoral ministry. It has brought me great joy to be back in the pulpit the last 8 months. I am very grateful for the opportunity to minister.

Tuesday was my interview with the board that oversees ministerial credentials. I thought the interview went fairly well. The members were kind and thorough. As I expected, they did question me about my separation. I was honest and tried to be transparent and did not cry too badly. They even prayed for Gerrald and I. It touched me deeply that they would take the time to do so.

I have been praying peace in the days since. It is in God’s hands …. it is in God’s hands ……. it is in God’s hands. If God wants me in ministry than He will open the way for that to happen. It is in God’s hands.

Well, my Conference Superintendent called today. He wanted to let me know the decision of the credentials committee. My heart pounded, I tried to focus on what he was saying. Would I be ordained this year? Would they ask me to wait? Would they say “thanks but no thanks?”

What he did say is still ringing in my ears. He told me yes, I would be ordained this year. He told me that I passed with flying colors. I cried for 2 hours. I am elated, awed and humbled. Elated to be fulfilling a dream and a calling. Awed by how God brought everything together to bring this to fruition. I am humbled by the faith being placed in me.

"I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received." Ephesians 4:1

I want to live worthy of the calling ... every day, every moment for Christ.

Just Connie

No comments: