Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reprieve

Reprieve! I got a reprieve from the “chore”. It rained! I don’t know when I have been so glad to see the rain. That means no lawn mowing for me tonight. I almost did a little dance of joy in the middle of my front lawn when I got home.

Unfortunately, it does not excuse me from all the other chores that awaited me tonight. You know the 101 different tasks that are a part of keeping up a house. Unloading the dishwasher, starting a load of laundry, feeding the animals, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom …. well the list goes on and on. I never seem to come to the end of the things that should be done. I never seem to get to the things that I would like to do and my energy always seems to give out before the list of chores do.

The list of unending chores are sometimes overwhelming. I have never been a solo housekeeper. I have always had a husband or children that pitched in and helped out. This is uncharted territory for me and there is much about it that I do not particularly like. I am trying to get through this with grace … well if not grace then at least with purpose and direction.

So tonight I work inside, I will do the tasks I can with the energy I have. Tomorrow I will face the lawn once again. All I can say is “Rain, baby rain!”

“He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven … and fills your hearts with joy." Acts 14:7

Just Connie

No comments: