Monday, April 27, 2009

Bubba Bunny


I have a small furry man who lives with me. He is actually a house bunny by the name of Bubba Bunny who has been an entertaining part of the household for about 5 years. He is housebroken and uses a litter box. He races around the family room which he has staked out as his very own and does flips and jumps. He is so much fun to watch.

His special area is the hearth. Everything on the hearth is his … just ask him and he will tell you. When dad and I were last trying to fix the pellet stove we made the mistake of placing some tools on the hearth. Bubba Bunny immediately came along and pushed them off on the floor. He looked at us and seemed to say, “If I wanted that there I would have put it there.”

He has very strong opinions about most everything. Tonight he was really put out with me. My crime was to change his litter box. He growled at me when I took it and he growled at me when I brought it back. You have no idea how intimidating a little bitty rabbit can be until you have had a rabbit charge and growl at you. I told him I was going to make him change his own littler box next time. He immediately jumped in it and began tossing paper and hay all around. I just stood there and laughed at him. He just turned his little furry back on me and growled.

One of Bubba’s great loves is my 15 year old terrier. Bubba likes to snuggle up to the dog and groom him. The dog is not so fond of it. In fact the dog growls and snaps at the bunny. They are like a bickering elderly couple. They always make me laugh.

The pets have been good and faithful friends to me. I have been especially grateful for their unconditional love and affection through these past months. Even with all of their quirks and “pet incidents” my pets really do improve my life. They love me without question and without reservation. They help me focus outside of myself and often get me up and moving …. even when I do not want to.

Tonight I am grateful for all that they add to my life. I am grateful for the many ways that God brings love and laughter into my life.

“for your love is ever before me” Psalm 26:3
Just Connie

No comments: