Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Attitude

Pastors never have bad attitudes ..... yeah right! I had something happen this week that I have not been able to shake. I find that I am feeling taken advantage of ... shortchanged and I do not like it. And today I noticed that all those feelings have festered into one very bad attitude.

Other people probably did not  notice it, but it was there. I could feel it welling up in me and lurking around the edges of every conversation. I could feel the anger rising at unexpected moments. yes ...... there it was .... attitude and all of it bad.

You would think that being a pastor and all that it would be very easy to get rid of a bad attitude. But you have to be willing to let it go. And sometimes that is pretty difficult to do.

So tonight, I am choosing to let go of my bad attitude. I am letting go of my right to be angry and my sense of ill use. I am laying it down and I will do my best to not pick it back up. Goodbye bad attitude. I do not think I will miss it.

Just Connie

No comments: