Monday, November 8, 2010

Emotions

Sometimes my emotions run in places I do not want them to go. I try to herd them down acceptable paths, but  they break through in unexpected places. It was like that for me today as I was talking to my daughter.

My daughter is a wonderful young woman and I am very proud of her. She has built her life and done it on her own. I have really missed her since she has moved to Washington with her boyfriend. Everything was going fine as we chatted about Thanksgiving, her life and upcoming Christmas plans. But as we talked, suddenly I was struck by a flood of loneliness. Tears ran down my face as I tried to choke off the tide of sorrow that gripped me. I fought to keep my voice steady, but I suspicion that my daughter heard my tears. But we both pretended they were not there.

So tonight I am fighting to find my equilibrium again. I am determined to chase this sense of loneliness back into acceptable paths. I cannot change my reality and I will find contentment right where I am. I will ... I will ... I will!

Just Connie

No comments: