Monday, November 22, 2010

Reminder

I had a reminder tonight. It was not a reminder that I wanted and it probably was not a reminder that was intended ... but it came through loud and clear to me.

I got some news that was unwelcome and it hit me hard as I realized .... there was no one to speak for me. I was standing alone. There was no one at my back, no one to advocate for me. There was no one to protect me. There was no one who had my best interest at heart. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach and I felt my eyes tear up as I stood there.

These reminders really shake me. They sap me of drive and energy and fill me with a sense of sadness. I work hard to try to shake it off and to see it in the right perspective. But I have to admit that tonight it hurts.

But it is what it is and I need to learn to come to terms with it. So I will get a good night's sleep and wake to fight it better tomorrow.

Just Connie

No comments: