Sunday, November 7, 2010

Peace and Grace

Sunday is here and so is today's sermon. The text can be found in Galatians 6:11-18"


11 See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!


12 Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—to the Israel of God.


17 From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.


18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

This passage reminds us that nothing has meaning but Christ.
" Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
2 Corinthians 5:17
Everything we are is determined by our relationship with Christ.There are two things that Paul mentions int his passage that are important for us. The peace of God and grace.

We are new creations in Christ and the outcome of this is peace and grace
Peace
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7


Peace is a state of mind not the absence of problems

1.  Peace is Knowing God
2.  Experiencing God
3.  Expecting God

Grace
"so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 5:21


1,  Grace for forgiveness
2.  Grace for relationships
3.  Grace to live in freedom
4.  Grace to be who we are in Christ

 It is not about the rules, it is not about the things I think I do well. It is about being in Christ. … peace & grace are the outcomes.

Just Connie

No comments: