Friday, November 5, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving is coming, I have been eagerly awaiting my first family Thanksgiving in 12 years. MY years at the rescue Mission brought a commitment to serving the homeless on Thanksgiving which took me away from the family celebrations for 10 years. Last year my expectation for a family Thanksgiving were crushed with my father's head injury. I spent last Thanksgiving at the hospital with my mother eating turkey from the hospital cafeteria.

This year I have been busily anticipating being with my family for Thanksgiving .... only to find out this morning that the men will be gone Elk hunting and my sister and mother are going to have some friends over to my sisters ... there is no family celebration this year .... I will be on my own.

I have to admit that I am saddened. But I am trying hard to not get stuck on sad. I am going to celebrate real Thanksgiving and not just on one day but everyday.


"rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:7


Next year .... the family celebration.

Just Connie

No comments: