Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Thoughts

I am wrapping up yet another day. I had a productive day at the office and finished up some desk work, my sermon, my Sunday School lesson and some other odds and ends. I even had the chance to meet with several people.

Through it all, Hope puppy was bouncing around. I usually take her with me to the office on Monday's and Tuesdays. One of her special friends gave her a squeaky ball. She has been in heaven. The whole time I was working on my sermon she was laying at my feet going squeeee-eeek, squeeee-eeek... squeeee-eeek squeeee-eeek. Whenever someone came into the office they would make her supremely happy by throwing the ball. She has learned that she can bolt the length of the sanctuary and catch the ball in the air if she is fast enough. She brings a smile to my face as I watch the joy she takes in her games.

I want that  kind of joy and enthusiasm in my own life. I think it would do me well to take a lesson from Hope puppy. I am not sure I have it in me to chase the ball though.....

Just Connie

No comments: