Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Flashback

I had a flashback today. I was picking strawberries in the midst of a friend's garden. Hope puppy was running around and poking her nose into everything, the cows  were mooing .... and suddenly I was transported back to my childhood. Standing in the midst of Granny and Grandad's garden, picking beans with the ever present sound of cows in the background.

I have such wonderful memories of time with my grandparents. I can remember sitting on the back fence and talking to the cows while gazing out over the hills. I loved the view from their back yard, it never failed to fill me with a sense of well being. I did not realize at the time that those quiet moments would stay with me for a life time.

So today I stood and gazed at the hills, listened to the cows and remembered. And those memories .... they made me smile.

Just Connie

No comments: