Friday, July 8, 2011

My Boyfriend Phil

I spent today with my boyfriend Phil. He is tall, red headed and has big brown eyes. He adores me. In fact he spent much of the morning trying to nibble on me. Are you worried yet? He is also 17 hands tall. My boyfriend Phil is a 6 year old thoroughbred racehorse. He had the misfortune to break both of his front legs. Luckily he was rescued by some people who did not want to see him destroyed. Phil has recovered and is happy and healthy now.

I met Phil a couple of years ago and we took an immediate liking to each other. He followed me around today. Every time I stopped stroking and petting him he would do some mischievous thing. Nibble on my shoulder, grab the shirt tail of my shirt and the one that about landed me on my backside ... he grabbed my shoelace and yanked my foot out from under me. Each time he got my attention very quickly. Which is exactly what he was working for.

Being with Phil always makes me smile. It is good to be loved and to give love in return. There is something very healing and wonderful about being with horses. To stand with my head on Phil's flank and smell that wonderful horsey smell ... makes all the bad things fade away.

I need to spend more days like this. It is good for everything that ails me.

Just Connie

No comments: