Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Problem

One of the outcomes of living with liver disease is that I have some ongoing issues I struggle with. One of the most troubling to me is nausea. Over the years I have learned to cope pretty well. When it hits me, it hits fast and hard. I have medicine I can take but it knocks me out so I avoid taking it during the day.

Over the past month this minor annoyance has grown to be an unmanageable problem. So I bit the bullet and made an appointment with doctor. I honestly do not know why I put it off so long. She was incredibly helpful. The outcome is that I have a super powerful new medicine to help with the nausea.

This afternoon I have been reflecting on what kept me from seeking help. Was it pride? I kind of think that might have been part of it. I do not like to admit that I need help. But that very pride keeps me from the help I need. I also think that I have a tendency to procrastinate on health issues. That is not healthy, but I think it is true. I also think that I have also just been plain, flat out busy.

So today I got a reminder that I need to pay attention to my body, give it the time it needs and lay down false pride. Sigh .... I wish it was the first time that God has given me that lesson.

Just Connie

No comments: