Thursday, July 14, 2011

Friendship Thoughts

Friendship is a rare thing. Real friendship, the kind of friendship that follows you through the ups and downs of life. The kind of friendship that not only allows you to be who you are, but really like the person you are.

I have been blessed with a handful of those kind of friendships through the years. Last night I met with a couple of "those kind of friends". One of them was a former staff member, the other was a man that I have had the privilege of working with for about 8 years. These two friends have kept contact with me though our lives have gone in different directions.

Last night we all stopped the merry go round we call our lives and met together for dinner and a movie. Dinner was good, the movie was entertaining, but the real joy was in just being with them. To laugh at the inside jokes, to find that comfort of being together that is like wearing a beloved sweatshirt. it was so much fun to be with them.

We are going to try to get together more often this summer because before we know it, the summer will be gone and life will kick into high gear once again.

I am feeling very blessed by knowing that I have real friends in my life. People who know the good, the bad and the ugly in me and choose to love me in spite of who I am.

Blessed indeed ....

Just Connie

No comments: